Caramelised onion and fried chickpeas add a gourmet touch to this creamy pumpkin soup.
The ingredient of Pumpkin soup with caramelised onion and chickpeas
- 20g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 500g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cream
- 20g butter
- 2 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Torn Coles Bakery Rustic Baguette, to serve
The instruction how to make Pumpkin soup with caramelised onion and chickpeas
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until onion is tender. Add the pumpkin and potato and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until well combined. Add the stock and 2 cups (500ml) water. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Cook, covered, for 15 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Use a stick blender to carefully blend until smooth. Return to medium heat. Stir in the cream. Season.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and chickpeas and cook, stirring, for 10 mins or until onion is golden brown. Add the brown sugar and vinegar and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until onion and chickpeas are caramelised.
- Divide the pumpkin soup among serving bowls. Top with the onion mixture. Season and serve with the bread.
Nutritions of Pumpkin soup with caramelised onion and chickpeasfatContent: