Tex Mex flavours and zingy sides liven up this spicy bowl of goodness.
The ingredient of Mexican chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2L chicken broth, chicken meat reserved (see related recipe)
- 500ml (2 cups) passata
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican chicken soup
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-heat heat. Add capsicum and onion. Stir for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic, paprika, cumin and chilli for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Increase heat to high. Add chicken broth and passata. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add kidney beans and reserved chicken meat and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine avocado and lime juice in a bowl. Season. Serve soup with avocado mixture, sour cream and coriander.
Nutritions of Mexican chicken soupfatContent: