This simple vegetarian soup packs a punch of spicy curry flavour.
The ingredient of Curried cauliflower soup
- 20g butter
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 1.2kg head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 2 sebago potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 litre Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- Extra pure cream, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Warm garlic and herb naan, to serve
The instruction how to make Curried cauliflower soup
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add cauliflower, potato, stock and 2 cups cold water. Stir to combine. Simmer, partially covered, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Using a stick blender, carefully blend soup until smooth.
- Return to heat. Stir in cream. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Divide soup between bowls. Drizzle with extra cream and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with naan bread.
Nutritions of Curried cauliflower soupfatContent: 635.262 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 57.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 17.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 71 milligrams cholesterol