This tasty chickpea soup freezes well so keep some in the freezer for those nights when you dont fell like cooking.
The ingredient of Chickpea and leek soup
- 30g butter
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium desiree potato, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Light sour cream, to serve
- Fresh chives, chopped, to serve
The instruction how to make Chickpea and leek soup
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until leek has softened. Add carrot and potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add chickpeas, stock and 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer half the mixture to a food processor. Process until just smooth. Return to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle into bowls. Top with sour cream and chives. Serve.
Nutritions of Chickpea and leek soupfatContent: 403.193 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 33 milligrams cholesterol