The ingredient of Thai-style beef and mushroom soup
- 1 litre Masserl chicken style liquid stock
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part only, chopped
- 5 slices ginger
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (see note)
- 200g oyster mushrooms, sliced (see note)
- 400g beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai-style beef and mushroom soup
- Place stock, chopped lemongrass, ginger, lime leaves and sambal oelek into a wok over low heat. Bring to the boil. Cover. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, beef, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, fish sauce and sugar to wok. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until beef and mushrooms are just tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with onions and coriander.
Nutritions of Thai-style beef and mushroom soupfatContent: 267.919 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein