This hearty tomato and bean soup will satisfy any night of the week.
The ingredient of Spicy Mexican tomato and bean soup
- 405g pkt Old El Paso Soft Taco Kit
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 45g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 300g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander, plus extra, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy Mexican tomato and bean soup
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place tortillas in a single layer on prepared trays. Combine garlic and 2 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Brush each tortilla with garlic oil. Sprinkle tortillas with half the cheese and 1 teaspoon taco spice mix. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn tortillas and brush with remaining garlic oil. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and 1 teaspoon taco spice mix. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the capsicum and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Reserve 1 teaspoon taco spice mix and stir the remaining spice mix into the soup.
- Add the tomato, taco sauce and 250ml (1 cup) water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the beans and simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, until soup is thickened and reduced slightly. Add the corn and coriander and cook for 1-2 minutes, until corn is heated through.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with sour cream, reserved taco spice mix and extra coriander. Serve with tortilla crisps.
Nutritions of Spicy Mexican tomato and bean soupfatContent: