Infuse mayo with the fresh flavours of Asian herbs, then see how quickly these seasoned prawn skewers disappear.
The ingredient of Salt & pepper prawns with lemon-grass mayonnaise
- 24 (about 615g) medium green king prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 2 teaspoons ground Sichuan pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2 stems lemon grass, pale section only, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 235g (1 cup) reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Thai basil
The instruction how to make Salt & pepper prawns with lemon-grass mayonnaise
- To make the mayonnaise, combine the water, lemon grass and lime rind in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced to 1 tablespoonful. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Strain the lemon-grass mixture through a fine sieve into a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise and basil and stir to combine.
- Thread the prawns, tail-end first, onto the bamboo skewers.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high. Combine the Sichuan pepper, black pepper and salt in a bowl. Sprinkle the pepper mixture over the prawns and cook on grill for 1-2 minutes each side or until prawns change colour. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with lemon-grass mayonnaise and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Salt & pepper prawns with lemon-grass mayonnaisefatContent: 109.94 calories
saturatedFatContent: 1.5 grams fat
sugarContent: 8.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein