Packed with veggies, this curry makes a simple yet satisfying mid-week meal.
The ingredient of Lamb and eggplant curry
- 1 large eggplant, cut in half lengthways, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 300g lamb fillet, sinew trimmed, diced
- 3 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 400ml coconut milk
- 100g baby French beans
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Lamb and eggplant curry
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt and set aside for 30 minutes to degorge.
- Rinse and squeeze dry in a tea towel. Heat oil in a wok. When hot, add eggplant and fry over high heat for 1-2 minutes until golden. Drain on paper towel. Add onion to wok and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add lamb and cook for 1 minute, then add curry paste and lime leaves. Cook over high heat for a few seconds. Return eggplant to wok with coconut milk and beans. Bring to the boil. Add soy sauce, fish sauce and spinach, stirring to wilt spinach.
- Serve with the rice and limes.
Nutritions of Lamb and eggplant curryfatContent: 395.545 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 48 milligrams cholesterol