With plenty of fresh ingredients and minimal cooking time, this spicy beef salad creates maximum flavour for minimal effort.
The ingredient of Spicy beef salad with mint, coriander & peanuts
- Peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 500g beef topside or round steak schnitzel (minute steak)
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, halved, sliced
- 3 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 35g (1/4 cup) unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 small Iceberg lettuce, leaves washed, dried, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy beef salad with mint, coriander & peanuts
- Brush a barbecue grill or large frying pan with vegetable or peanut oil to grease and heat on high. Cook steaks for 30-60 seconds each side, or until cooked to your liking. (Cook in 2 batches if necessary).
- Cut steak into 1cm thick slices and combine with onion, cucumbers and radishes in a large bowl. Combine sweet chilli sauce, 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil and lemon juice in screw-top jar and shake well to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad, add coriander, mint and peanuts and toss to combine. Serve salad on lettuce leaves.
Nutritions of Spicy beef salad with mint, coriander & peanutsfatContent: 264.334 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 45 milligrams cholesterol