The ingredient of Rice vermicelli spring rolls
- 100g rice vermicelli
- 250g chicken mince
- 55g (1/4 cup) chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 50g fresh Shiitake or button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 large (21.5 x 21.5mm) spring roll pastry sheets
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Peanut oil, for deep-frying
- Thai sweet chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Rice vermicelli spring rolls
- Add the rice vermicelli to a medium saucepan of boiling water and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened. (Alternatively follow packet directions.) Drain and rinse well under cold running water.
- Combine chicken mince, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, basil, and garlic in a large bowl Season with salt and pepper. Add the drained, cooked rice vermicelli and mix well with your hands.
- Cut each spring roll pastry sheet into 4 equal squares. Place about 1 tablespoon of filling on a corner of 1 square and fold the corner over the mixture. Brush the opposite corner lightly with the egg and fold in the side corners. Roll up firmly and lightly press the egg- washed corner to seal. Repeat with the remaining filling, spring roll pastry sheets and egg.
- Heat peanut oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until a piece of spring roll pastry dropped in the hot oil sizzles immediately and rises to the surface. Deep-fry spring rolls in batches of 4 for 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to remove from the oil and then drain briefly on paper towel. Serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce.
Nutritions of Rice vermicelli spring rollsfatContent: