This aromatic soup with fish balls and noodles is hearty enough to satisfy as a main meal.
The ingredient of Coriander fish ball noodle soup
- 6 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 750g boneless white fish fillets, skin removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g dried rice-stick (pad Thai) noodles
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, finely sliced
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Coriander fish ball noodle soup
- Place stock, ginger, star anise, soy sauce and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, place fish, coriander, lime rind, and garlic in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Process until combined. Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain.
- Strain stock mixture into a bowl. Return to pan over medium heat. Add fish balls to stock mixture. Cook, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Add snow peas. Cook for 1 minute or until tender.
- Divide noodles between bowls. Ladle soup, snow peas and fish balls over noodles. Top with coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Coriander fish ball noodle soupfatContent: 426.137 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 49.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 161 milligrams cholesterol