Looking for exciting ways to prepare chicken mince? Look no further than this aromatic chicken larb!
The ingredient of Chicken larb in lettuce cups
- 2 tablespoons jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (110g) bean sprouts
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 mignonette lettuce, leaves separated
The instruction how to make Chicken larb in lettuce cups
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add the rice and cook, tossing, for 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Transfer to a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until crushed. (Alternatively, place in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.)
- Heat the oil in wok over high heat until smoking. Add the chicken mince and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until chicken starts to brown. Add the lemongrass, chilli and garlic and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from heat. Add the sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar and stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add the onion, bean sprouts, coriander, mint and lime leaves and gently toss until just combined.
- Spoon the chicken mixture among lettuce leaves, then sprinkle with rice and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken larb in lettuce cupsfatContent: 328.625 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein