Wow your guests with this inventive Asian-inspired pineapple dessert thats perfect for hot summer nights.
The ingredient of Pineapple carpaccio with Malibu sorbetto
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 star anise
- 4 cardamom pods*, lightly crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 80ml (1/3 cup) lime juice
- 1 large ripe but firm pineapple
- Mint leaves, to serve
- 150g caster sugar
- 425g can coconut cream
- 1 small lime, zested, juiced
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) Malibu liqueur
The instruction how to make Pineapple carpaccio with Malibu sorbetto
- To make sorbetto, place sugar and 200ml water in a saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add coconut cream, lime zest and juice and Malibu and stir well. Pour into a shallow container and freeze until frozen at the edges. Remove from freezer and beat with an electric beater. Pour back into container and refreeze. Repeat 2 or 3 times. (Alternatively, use an ice-cream machine following manufacturers instructions.)
- Place the sugar, 300ml water, star anise, cardamom, cinnamon and lime juice in a pan over medium heat and stir to dissolve sugar. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes until reduced. Set aside to cool.
- Peel the pineapple and cut in half lengthways, then cut into wafer thin slices (you will get the best result using a mandoline).
- To serve, cover each plate with a layer of pineapple, brush syrup over pineapple, garnish with mint leaves and serve with a scoop of sorbetto.
Nutritions of Pineapple carpaccio with Malibu sorbettofatContent: 704.094 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 120 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 120 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein