Quick and easy to make, this recipe for Pad Siew is sure to be a staple in any home.
The ingredient of Wok-fried noodles with chilli vinegar
- 300g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 60ml (1/4 cup) peanut oil
- 250g gai lan (Chinese broccoli) or broccolini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis (see note)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Wok-fried noodles with chilli vinegar
- Combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce, the sesame oil and oyster sauce in a bowl. Mix to coat chicken well, then refrigerate for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, soak the noodles in warm water for about 10 minutes or until rubbery and pliable but still firm to the touch. Itu2019s important not to let the noodles get too soft or youu2019ll have a soggy mess in the wok when you go to fry them. Drain well and pat dry with a tea towel.
- To make chilli vinegar, combine vinegar and chilli in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat a wok over high heat until just smoking, then add 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil and the gai lan. Toss for about 1 minute or until the gai lan has just wilted, then transfer to a large plate.
- Return the wok to the heat and add another 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil. Add the noodles and toss to coat in the oil. Add 1 tablespoon of the kecap manis and another 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce, and stir-fry for about 3 minutes or until the noodles soften and start to char around the edges, using your tongs to separate the noodles while they cook. Scoop out the noodles and add to the gai lan.
- Return the wok to the heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of peanut oil. Throw in the garlic, marinated chicken and the sugar. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Push the chicken to one side of the wok and crack the egg into the empty side. Let the egg set for a couple of minutes, then break it up with a spatula and toss through the chicken. Add the gai lan and noodles, and mix everything together with tongs. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon fish sauce and 1 tablespoon kecap manis, grind over a generous amount of black pepper and mix to combine.
- Pile onto a large serving plate, drizzle over a couple of spoonfuls of the chilli vinegar and scatter with the coriander. Serve with remaining chilli vinegar on the side for everyone to help themselves.
Nutritions of Wok-fried noodles with chilli vinegarfatContent: