Re-create your favourite takeaway at home with this fragrant chicken curry.
The ingredient of Massaman chicken curry
- 1/3 cup (30g) desiccated coconut
- 1 x 375ml can light and creamy evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Massaman curry paste
- 2 teaspoons finely grated palm sugar
- 450g desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 600g chicken thigh fillet, cut into3cm pieces
- jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Massaman chicken curry
- Soak coconut in evaporated milk for 15 mins. Heat oil in a wok over a low heat, add curry paste and palm sugar. Stir for 1 min or until the paste becomes caramel and fragrant. Add the potatoes, cinnamon and stock and cook, covered, for 8 mins, stirring.
- Drain coconut mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Squeeze out the milk from the coconut, making certain the coconut is dry. Set the coconut aside. Place cornflour into a small measuring jug, whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Add chicken to wok, coating well in paste. Stir in coconut milk. Simmer on low for 8 mins or until thick. Place reserved coconut into a frying pan, toast over a very low heat for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut over curry and serve with jasmine rice.
Nutritions of Massaman chicken curryfatContent: 562.606 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 18 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein
sodiumContent: 143 milligrams cholesterol