Its the end of a long week, so get yourself a good DVD and curl up on the couch with this lounge-friendly fried rice.
The ingredient of Prawn fried rice
- 500g (2 1/2 cups) white long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 800g peeled green prawns
- 6 bacon rashes, rind removed, coarsely chopped, about 1.5cm pieces
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 8 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 100g (1 1/2 cups) bean sprouts, ends trimmed
- 80ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
The instruction how to make Prawn fried rice
- Cook the rice following packet directions or until tender. Spread the rice over a baking tray. Place in the fridge overnight to cool completely.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat until just smoking. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns curl and change colour. Transfer to a plate. Add the bacon and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to the plate.
- Add the egg and swirl slightly. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until almost set. Use a wooden spoon to stir and break up the egg. Add prawns, bacon, rice and soy sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the rice is heated through.
- Add the shallot and bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute or until combined. Spoon into serving boxes and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Prawn fried ricefatContent: 653.426 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein
sodiumContent: 339 milligrams cholesterol