A delightfully fragrant twist on chicken fried rice.
The ingredient of Thai basil and chicken fried rice
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken mince
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 175g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked, cooled (1 1/3 cups (265g) uncooked rice)
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges, to serve
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai basil and chicken fried rice
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir fry the onion for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and sugar, and cook for a further minute until fragrant. Add the chicken mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until browned. Add the capsicum and beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes until vegetables are just tender. Add the cooked rice, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice, and stir-fry for 3 minutes until heated through.
- Serve the rice topped with Thai basil, coriander and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Thai basil and chicken fried ricefatContent: