Keep the family warm with this creamy sweet potato and carrot soup topped with coriander oil and coconut chips.
The ingredient of Sweet potato and carrot soup with coriander oil
- 100ml grapeseed oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 lemongrass stem, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 (about 650g) sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 4 (about 500g) carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 270ml can coconut cream
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Thinly sliced fresh red chilli, to serve
- Toasted coconut chips, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet potato and carrot soup with coriander oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Stir in red curry paste for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in sweet potato and carrot. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Use a stick blender to process until smooth.
- Meanwhile, use a small food processor to process coriander, remaining oil and half of the lime juice until smooth. Season and transfer to a bowl.
- Add coconut cream, fish sauce, sugar and remaining lime juice to the sweet potato mixture. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through. Season. Ladle soup among bowls. Drizzle with the coriander oil. Sprinkle with the chilli, coconut chips and extra coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Sweet potato and carrot soup with coriander oilfatContent: 686.408 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73.7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14.7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8.2 grams protein