For a delicious dinner tonight try this red chicken curry.
The ingredient of Red chicken curry
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil
- 800g Coles RSPCA approved chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 750g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup Coles Brand jasmine rice
- 200g snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Coles Brand brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Red chicken curry
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok or large deep frying pan over high heat. Stir-fry one-third of the chicken for 2 mins or until brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining oil and chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the curry paste to the wok, and stir-fry for 1 min. Stir in the coconut milk, stock and pumpkin. Return the chicken to the wok. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 mins or until the pumpkin is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water according to packet directions.
- Add the snow peas to the curry and cook for 2 mins or until just tender. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Serve with rice and top with coriander.
Nutritions of Red chicken curryfatContent: 407.973 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35.2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5.6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 84 milligrams cholesterol