Stir fry eggplant and steak, which has marinated in a spicy, garlic soy mix, for a tasty winter meal.
The ingredient of Chilli-soy chargrilled eggplant and beef
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (300g each) eggplants
- 400g beef rump steak, trimmed
- 1 eschalot, thinly sliced
- 100g dried rice stick noodles
- 1 bunch bok choy, trimmed, halved lengthways
- Rice bran oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Long red chilli, sliced, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Chilli-soy chargrilled eggplant and beef
- Combine vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce, chilli and garlic in a small bowl.
- Cut each eggplant into 8 wedges. Put in a large snap-lock bag. Add 1/4 cup vinegar mixture. Seal bag. Rub to coat eggplant. Put steak in a separate snap-lock bag. Add 1/4 cup of remaining vinegar mixture. Refrigerate eggplant and steak for 1 hour, if time permits. Add eschalot to remaining vinegar mixture for dressing. Set aside.
- Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray bok choy with oil. Place on pan, cut-side down. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Remove steak from marinade. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove eggplant from marinade. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until tender.
- Thinly slice steak. Arrange noodles, bok choy, steak and eggplant on a platter. Drizzle with dressing. Top with sesame seeds, coriander and extra chilli. Serve.
Nutritions of Chilli-soy chargrilled eggplant and beeffatContent: 354.437 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 24.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 58 milligrams cholesterol