Make Curtis Stones green curry lamb shanks a real show stopper by lightly charring lime wedges to squeeze all over the dish.
The ingredient of Green curry lamb shanks
- 4 frenched Coles Australian Lamb Shanks (about 250g each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemongrass stalk, pounded
- 5cm-piece ginger, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (150g) Green Curry Paste (see notes below)
- 200ml coconut cream
- 1/4 wombok (about 350g), thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups steamed jasmine rice
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 2 limes, halved, charred
The instruction how to make Green curry lamb shanks
- Preheat oven to 160C (140C fan-forced). Season lamb with salt. Heat 2 tbs oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and cook, turning as needed, for 8 mins or until browned all over. Transfer lamb to a plate. Drain fat from pot, reserving 1 teaspoon. Add garlic, lemongrass, ginger and shallot to pot. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Add stock. Return lamb to pot and bring to a simmer. Cover and transfer to oven. Cook for 2 hours or until lamb is completely tender. Carefully transfer lamb to a plate and set aside to rest in a warm place. Strain cooking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve into a jug and skim any fat that rises to the top. Discard solids.
- Heat another wide saucepan over medium heat. Add the curry paste and stir for 5 mins or until fragrant. Add coconut cream and u00bd cup (125ml) of reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 mins. Add wombok and simmer for 1 min or until just wilted. Remove from heat and season as needed.
- Divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Spoon wombok and some of the curry sauce over rice. Top with lamb and spoon over any remaining curry sauce. Sprinkle with basil and coriander leaves and serve with lime.
Nutritions of Green curry lamb shanksfatContent: