Poach chicken Thai style, then team it with skinny noodles and crisp Asian greens.
The ingredient of Coconut chicken with red curry and greens
- 250ml (1 cup) light coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, bruised
- 500g chicken breast fillets (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 100ml light coconut milk, extra
- 2-3 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 bunches baby choy sum, blanched
- 1 bunch baby buk choy, quartered, blanched
- 2 cups cooked rice vermicelli noodles
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Coconut chicken with red curry and greens
- Bring the coconut milk, water, ginger and garlic to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the chicken. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until just cooked through. Set aside in the liquid to cool slightly. Transfer to a clean chopping board. Discard poaching liquid.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Stir-fry the curry paste for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the extra coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Stir in the lime juice and sugar. Stir in the choy sum and buk choy for 1 minute or until warmed through.
- Thinly slice the chicken diagonally. Divide the noodles among bowls. Top with the chicken. Spoon over the choy sum and buk choy curry mixture. Top with the coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Coconut chicken with red curry and greensfatContent: 391.96 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 35 grams protein