Create a Thai-inspired lunch with this chilli infused vegetable and peanut salad.
The ingredient of Vegetable and peanut salad
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 1 bunch snake beans, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 250g beansprouts, trimmed
- 115g packet baby corn, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup raw peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
- 2 small green chillies, chopped
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded, chopped
- 1cm piece ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon tamarind puree
The instruction how to make Vegetable and peanut salad
- Combine cucumber, snake beans, cabbage, beansprouts, corn and basil in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok over medium heat until hot. Fry peanuts for 1 minute or until golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Using a large mortar and pestle, pound garlic, chilli, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a paste. Add peanuts. Crush until coarsely ground. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Combine tamarind puree and 1/4 cup water. Stir into peanut spice mixture. Toss through salad just before serving.
Nutritions of Vegetable and peanut saladfatContent: 177.577 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein