For a quick and easy weeknight meal try these fragrant green curry pork skewers with asparagus and crispy rice. Recipe by Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Green curry pork skewers with asparagus and crispy rice
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 stick lemongrass, trimmed to 20cm, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 small fresh green chillies, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 125ml (1/2 cup) canola oil
- 800g boneless pork belly roast, skin removed (about 2cm-thick), cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 10 thin spring onions, trimmed
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice (from 1 cup raw rice)
The instruction how to make Green curry pork skewers with asparagus and crispy rice
- Preheat the barbecue cooking grate and hot plate on medium heat. In a blender, puree the coriander, basil, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, chilli, fish sauce, lime juice and 60ml (1/4 cup) of the oil to form a smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Divide the pork among 8 skewers. Brush the pork with 2 teaspoons of oil and season with salt. Barbecue the skewers on the hot plate, turning every 4-5 minutes, for about 20 minutes, basting with about 2 tablespoons of the curry paste in the last 5 minutes of cooking, or until the pork is golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the skewers to a platter. Whilst hot, brush the skewers with about 125ml (1/2 cup) of the remaining curry paste. Set aside to rest. Wipe the hot plate clean.
- Meanwhile, toss the asparagus and spring onions in 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil and season with salt. Barbecue on the grate, turning as needed, for 6 minutes, or until charred and tender. Transfer to a chopping board and cut into 2cm-long pieces.
- Use a flat metal spatula to coat the hot plate with the remaining oil. Spread the rice over the oiled hot plate and use the spatula to gently press down on the rice. Leave the rice to cook untouched for about 6 minutes, or until it is beginning to crisp on the bottom. Use the spatula to turn over the rice and cook for another 3 minutes, or until the rice is warmed through. Divide the crispy rice among serving plates. Top with the asparagus and spring onions. Season with salt. Top with the skewers and drizzle with some of the remaining curry paste and serve any remaining on the side.
Nutritions of Green curry pork skewers with asparagus and crispy ricefatContent: