This fragrant fish dish is a quick and easy take on a traditional Thai red curry.
The ingredient of Barramundi and chickpea curry with spinach
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 650g barramundi fillets, cut into large pieces
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 70g baby spinach leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 stem lemon grass, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 French shallot, peeled, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander root
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk
The instruction how to make Barramundi and chickpea curry with spinach
- To make curry paste, place chilli, lemon grass, shallot, garlic, ginger, coriander root and coconut milk in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Heat paste in a wok over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add stock, fish sauce and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add fish and cook for 2-3 minutes or until flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork. Add chickpeas and spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Divide curry among serving plates and sprinkle with coriander leaves. Serve with rice and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Barramundi and chickpea curry with spinachfatContent: 389.57 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 14 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein