This aromatic Thai-style curry is quick to prepare and full of nutritious vegetables.
The ingredient of Chicken and coconut curry
- 2 x 270ml cans Ayam coconut cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste*
- 3 (200g) small Japanese or Lebanese eggplant, cut into 1cm rounds
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm-wide strips
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 carrot, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 230g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 long red chilli, sliced diagonally
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and coconut curry
- Pour 1/3 cup coconut cream into a wok and stir over medium heat until separated and oily looking. Add curry paste and stir for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add eggplant and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken, lime leaves, carrot, bamboo shoots, fish sauce, sugar, remaining coconut cream and 3/4 cup water and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Serve curry scattered with basil and chilli, on top of steamed jasmine rice.
Nutritions of Chicken and coconut curryfatContent: