Be tempted by a Thai favourite for dinner tonight, with this easy massaman meatball curry.
The ingredient of Massaman meatball curry
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1/3 cup massaman curry paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, sliced into rounds
- 2 (400g total) desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 270ml can coconut milk
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Roughly chopped unsalted roasted peanuts, to serve
The instruction how to make Massaman meatball curry
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg, ginger, coriander and 1 tablespoon curry paste in a bowl. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, in 2 batches, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion to wok. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add remaining curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add carrot and potato. Stir to coat. Add stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add meatballs. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until curry has thickened slightly and vegetables are tender.
- Serve curry over rice and sprinkle with peanuts and extra coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Massaman meatball curryfatContent: 885.495 calories
saturatedFatContent: 43.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 79.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 39.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol