For comfort food at its best try this tender, slow-cooked beef and sweet potato curry.
The ingredient of Slow-cooked beef and sweet potato massaman
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5kg Coles Australian Family Beef Roast
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup (150g) massaman curry paste
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1kg orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- Steamed long grain rice, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Thinly sliced spring onion, to serve
- Thinly sliced red chilli, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooked beef and sweet potato massaman
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the beef and cook, turning, for 5 mins or until browned all over.
- Transfer the beef to the bowl of a 5.5L-capacity slow cooker. Arrange the onion around the beef. Combine the curry paste, coconut cream and fish sauce in a small bowl. Season. Pour over the beef. Cook, covered, on low for 4 hours. Add the sweet potato and cook for further 2 hours or until beef is cooked through and sweet potato is tender.
- Remove beef from slow cooker. Thinly slice. Divide the steamed rice among serving bowls. Top with the beef and sweet potato. Spoon over the sauce and sprinkle with coriander, spring onion and chilli to serve.
Nutritions of Slow-cooked beef and sweet potato massamanfatContent: