Get the wok smoking hot before adding the ingredients for this Thai-style curry.
The ingredient of Masaman pumpkin & green bean curry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into wedges
- 125g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons massaman curry paste
- 250ml (1 cup) light coconut milk
- 185ml (3/4 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 200g green beans, topped, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, thinly sliced lengthways
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Steamed Basmati rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Masaman pumpkin & green bean curry
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat until just smoking. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add the pumpkin and baby corn and stir-fry for 1 minute or until golden.
- Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove the lid and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and sauce thickens. Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes or until beans are bright green and tender crisp. Remove from heat. Add the sugar and stir to combine.
- Divide the curry among serving bowls. Sprinkle with peanuts, chilli and coriander and serve with steamed rice.
Nutritions of Masaman pumpkin & green bean curryfatContent: 276.045 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein