Infuse Thai flavours into weeknight meals with this red-curry salmon and sesame noodles.
The ingredient of Red-curry salmon with sesame noodles
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 160ml can coconut milk
- 4 x 150g skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 250g packet dried long-life noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
The instruction how to make Red-curry salmon with sesame noodles
- Combine vinegar, sugar and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cucumber and chilli. Set aside for 20 minutes (see note).
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place a lightly greased wire rack over tray. Whisk curry paste and coconut milk in a bowl. Add salmon. Turn to coat. Place salmon on prepared wire rack. Brush with any remaining curry mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add peanut oil. Swirl to coat. Add ginger and capsicum. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant and soft. Add noodles, sesame seeds and onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Add sesame oil. Toss to combine. Serve salmon with noodles and cucumber pickle.
Nutritions of Red-curry salmon with sesame noodlesfatContent: 718.912 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 78.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 39.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 78 milligrams cholesterol