A classic Thai dish that uses quinoa instead of rice. This dish is gluten-free and low cal coming in at 387 calories per serve.
The ingredient of Pork, lemongrass and toasted quinoa larb
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons white quinoa
- 600g pork mince
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large lime, zested, juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
- Baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork, lemongrass and toasted quinoa larb
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until golden brown and aromatic. Transfer to a mortar. Cool for 2 minutes. Pound with a pestle until coarsely crushed.
- Heat the remaining oil in pan over high heat. Add pork mince. Cook, breaking up lumps with a spoon, for 7 minutes or until cooked through and starting to brown. Add the lemongrass, chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the combined lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Stir to combine. Remove from heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the shallot, quinoa and three-quarters of the coriander and mint to the pork mixture. Stir. Divide among plates. Sprinkle with peanut, lime zest and the remaining herbs. Serve with cucumber and lettuce.
Nutritions of Pork, lemongrass and toasted quinoa larbfatContent: 388.853 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 36 grams protein