Get Thai-ed up! This recipe shows off the best of Asian cuisine: its fast, fresh and full of that famous fusion of sweet, salty and spice.
The ingredient of Prawn & pumpkin red curry
- 270ml can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon Maesri Red Curry Paste
- 250g Butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 16 peeled green prawns
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Prawn & pumpkin red curry
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Spoon the thick top layer of the coconut cream into the wok. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Stir in the pumpkin. Add the coconut milk, remaining coconut cream and half the lime leaves. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add the prawns and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until prawns change colour. Stir in the fish sauce. Divide rice and curry among serving dishes. Top with the remaining lime leaves.
Nutritions of Prawn & pumpkin red curryfatContent: 392.677 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 26 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein
sodiumContent: 113 milligrams cholesterol