"Full of warming spices and rich flavours, curries make perfect comfort food. This sweet, tangy Thai curry is one of my favourites.” Curtis Stone
The ingredient of Chicken and pumpkin massaman curry
- 1kg Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets, fat trimmed, each cut into 3 pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk, unopened
- 3/4 cup Massaman Curry Paste (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, plus more if required
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (see notes), plus more if required
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamarind puree
- 800g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 lime, juiced
The instruction how to make Chicken and pumpkin massaman curry
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt. Heat a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil and cook chicken, in batches, for 3 mins each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the pan to medium heat. Without shaking the coconut milk, open cans. Spoon 1/3 cup (80ml) of solidified coconut milk from the top of the cans into the pan. Add curry paste and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 mins or until mixture is aromatic. Return chicken to the pan with the fish sauce, sugar and tamarind puree and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 mins to blend flavours. Stir in the remaining coconut milk and 1/2 cup (125ml) of water. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 20 mins. Add pumpkin and simmer, partially covered, for 15-20 mins or until chicken and pumpkin are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in 3 teaspoon lime juice. Taste and add extra salt, fish sauce or sugar if required.
Nutritions of Chicken and pumpkin massaman curryfatContent: 622.595 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 18 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein