Wow your guests with this stunning seafood starter.
The ingredient of Sour prawn and mussel soup
- 1.5L (6 cups) cold water
- 2 lemongrass stems, pale section only, thinly sliced diagonally
- 8cm-piece fresh galangal, peeled, thinly sliced
- 5 purple eschalots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves, centre vein removed, torn
- 500g medium green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 500g black mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fish sauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lime juice
- 2 fresh red birdseye chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Sour prawn and mussel soup
- Place water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add lemon grass, galangal, eschalot and lime leaves and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add prawns, mussels and fish sauce and cook, covered, for a further 2 minutes or until mussels open. Remove from heat. Discard unopened mussels.
- Add the lime juice, chilli and coriander and stir to combine. Ladle soup among serving bowls and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Sour prawn and mussel soupfatContent: 71.7 calories
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams fat
sugarContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein
sodiumContent: 67 milligrams cholesterol