Feed four now and pop the other half in the freezer so your family can enjoy Green Curry Fish & Pumpkin Pot Pies (right) another night.
The ingredient of Fish and pumpkin green curry
- 80ml (1/3 cup) peanut oil
- 1.6kg Butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 stems lemon grass, bruised
- 2 x 3cm-pieces fresh ginger, bruised
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways, coarsely chopped
- 80g (1/3 cup) green curry paste (see note)
- 2 x 400ml can coconut cream
- 800g firm thick white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
The instruction how to make Fish and pumpkin green curry
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based stockpot or large flame-proof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add the pumpkin, lemon grass, ginger and lime leaves. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add the leek and curry paste, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the coconut cream and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Stir in the fish, lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar. Cook for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Nutritions of Fish and pumpkin green curryfatContent: 516.479 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 18 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 28 grams protein
sodiumContent: 61 milligrams cholesterol