The beauty of fried rice is that it can be made in a short time and with a variety of ingredients. This one uses crispy skinned duck to elevate it to a dish suitable for even the fussiest of foodies.
The ingredient of Special fried rice with BBQ duck
- 1 Chinese BBQ duck (see Notes)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 spring onions, finely shredded
- 200g snow peas, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked white long-grain rice, cooled
- 1/2 cup skinned orange segments
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
The instruction how to make Special fried rice with BBQ duck
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C.
- Remove duck meat from carcass, keeping its crispy skin intact. Cut into bite-size pieces. Discard bones or freeze them to make stock. Place duck in a baking dish, cover with foil and place in oven to heat through.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add the eggs and allow to form an omelette, lifting sides to distribute uncooked egg until cooked through. Tip onto a chopping board and cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add spring onions, snow peas and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute, add rice and cook until heated through. Add the duck, egg strips, orange segments and zest and soy sauce. Toss well and serve.
Nutritions of Special fried rice with BBQ duckfatContent: 630.482 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 56 grams protein
sodiumContent: 376 milligrams cholesterol