The crusty baguette, spicy fish and fresh herbs all combine to create the characteristic yumminess of a banh mi.
The ingredient of Fish banh mi with quick pickled vegetables
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 500g firm boneless white fish fillets (such as blue eye), cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (see Notes)
- 1 thick baguette, split
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/3 cup (75g) coconut sugar (see Notes)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) rice vinegar
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small daikon radish (Asian white radish), cut into matchsticks
The instruction how to make Fish banh mi with quick pickled vegetables
- For the quick pickled vegetables, combine sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then set aside to cool. Add carrot and daikon, and set aside for a further 30 minutes to pickle, then drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the turmeric and four in a bowl, then season. Combine the milk and dill in a separate bowl. Dip the fish in the milk mixture, then in the four mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook the fish, in batches, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Brush the inside of the baguette with some of the oil from the pan. Fill the baguette with the fish, cucumber, pickled vegetables, coriander and Thai basil. Squeeze over lime juice to serve.
Nutritions of Fish banh mi with quick pickled vegetablesfatContent: