Escape the hustle and bustle with this relaxed lunch side that will satisfy your tastebuds.
The ingredient of Mango rice salad
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) jasmine rice
- 1 bunch Thai basil (see note)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon-infused olive oil (see note)
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 2/3 cup (50g) shredded coconut
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, sliced
- 2 mangoes, flesh chopped
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup fried Asian shallots (see note)
- Extra lemon halves, to serve
The instruction how to make Mango rice salad
- Place the rice in a saucepan with 2 basil sprigs and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover with cold water, then cook according to packet instructions. Drain and refresh in cold water, discarding the basil sprigs.
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice and oil in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Chop most of the mint, coriander and remaining Thai basil, reserving a few whole leaves to garnish.
- Stir the shredded coconut in a dry frypan over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Place the rice in a bowl with the chopped herbs, toasted coconut, spring onion, chilli, lemon zest, mango, peanuts and dressing and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl, scatter with the fried shallots and whole herb leaves, then serve with lemon to squeeze.
Nutritions of Mango rice saladfatContent: 486.604 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein