Nothing could be easier than this quick crispy chicken, chilli and basil stir-fry.
The ingredient of Crispy chicken, chilli & basil stir-fry
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 6 Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thighs (skin on)
- 1 small bunch spring onions (pale part only), sliced
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbs kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Chinese rice wine (shaohsing)
- 1 1/2 tbs sambal oelek (Indonesian chilli paste)
- 3 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 85g sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted unsalted cashews
- Thai basil leaves (see note), to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Sliced long red chilli, to serve
The instruction how to make Crispy chicken, chilli & basil stir-fry
- Heat oil in a wok or large, deep frypan over high heat. Season chicken, then cook, skin-side down, for 5 minutes or until golden. Turn, then cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from wok.
- Add spring onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Add ginger and garlic, and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add kecap manis, fish sauce, Chinese rice wine and sambal oelek, then cook for 2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add carrots and peas, then cook for a further 2 minutes or until tender. Slice chicken, then scatter over the stir-fry with cashews and Thai basil.
- Serve with steamed rice and red chilli.
Nutritions of Crispy chicken, chilli & basil stir-fryfatContent: 640.759 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30.1 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9.3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 58.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 160 milligrams cholesterol