It only takes a few minutes prep and a flash in the wok to make this vibrant prawn curry.
The ingredient of Red prawn curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemongrass stem (white part only), bruised
- 2 kaffir lime leaves*
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves*
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 300ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 500g green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- Steamed brown rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Red prawn curry
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add curry paste, ginger and garlic, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chilli, onion, lemongrass, lime leaves, and half the basil and coriander, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add sauces, stock and coconut cream, then bring to a simmer.
- Add prawns and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add juice and remaining basil and coriander. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Red prawn curryfatContent: 272.699 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein