These avocado and prawn rice paper rolls make a healthy and delicious lunch or snack.
The ingredient of Avocado and prawn rice paper rolls
- 2 ripe medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 large (22cm) rice paper wrappers
- 24 fresh coriander leaves
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- 12 Australian cooked tiger prawns, peeled, halved lengthways
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded green oak lettuce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Coles Brand crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped red chilli
- 2 tablespoons chopped coles brand unsalted peanuts
The instruction how to make Avocado and prawn rice paper rolls
- Halve and remove the seed from 1 avocado, then peel and cut each half lengthways into 6 slices. Place on a plate and drizzle over half the lemon juice (this stops it turning brown). Repeat with remaining avocado and lemon juice.
- Fill a shallow dish with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper sheet in water, then drain and place on a board. (It continues to soften on standing.)
- Arrange 2 coriander leaves and 2 mint leaves in a line across the lower third of wrapper. Place 1 prawn half across the herbs, then 1 avocado slice alongside. Place another prawn half on the avocado, and place another avocado slice on the first prawn. Top with some bean sprouts and shredded lettuce.
- Fold base of the wrapper over filling, and fold in the sides. Roll up to enclose. Place on a tray. Repeat with remaining wrappers and fillings (to prevent sticking, keep the rolls slightly apart on the tray). Serve with the dipping sauce.
- To make the dipping sauce, use a fork to whisk the hoisin sauce and peanut butter in a small bowl, then whisk in water. Stir in the garlic and chilli. Place into a bowl and sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutritions of Avocado and prawn rice paper rollsfatContent: 154.872 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15.5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1.3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 46 milligrams cholesterol