Tuck into a soul-warming red lamb curry, on the table in less than 30 minutes.
The ingredient of Red lamb curry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 (about 500g) lamb eye of loin (backstrap), thinly sliced across the grain
- 2 brown onions, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 x 114g can red curry paste (Maesri brand)
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch baby choy sum, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Red lamb curry
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add one-quarter of the lamb and onion, and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining lamb and onion, adding 1 teaspoon of oil and reheating wok between batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in wok over high heat until smoking. Add curry paste and capsicum, and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add choy sum and coconut milk, and bring to the boil. Add lamb, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar, and stir-fry for 1 minute or until hot. Remove from heat.
- Spoon rice among serving bowls. Top with curry and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Red lamb curryfatContent: 519.108 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein
sodiumContent: 80 milligrams cholesterol