Lemongrass paste adds zing to the pumpkin in this healthy vegetarian main.
The ingredient of Sticky Asian pumpkin & red rice salad
- 160g (3/4 cup) red rice, rinsed
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water
- 1.2kg Kent pumpkin, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tbs finely grated palm sugar
- 1 tbs lemongrass paste
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 fresh long green chilli, chopped
- 170g ctn no-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbs fried shallots
The instruction how to make Sticky Asian pumpkin & red rice salad
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place rice and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 35 minutes or until tender. Stand covered for 5 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place the pumpkin wedges on prepared trays. Drizzle with the oil. Season. Roast, turning halfway through cooking, for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Combine palm sugar, lemongrass and 2 tbs of the lime juice in a small bowl. Season well. Drizzle over pumpkin. Roast for a further 10-15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and lightly caramelised.
- Process the coriander and chilli in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the yoghurt and remaining lime juice. Process until well combined. Season.
- Combine the rice, basil leaves and mint leaves in a bowl. Arrange the pumpkin and rice mixture on a serving plate. Drizzle with the yoghurt dressing and sprinkle with the fried shallots.
Nutritions of Sticky Asian pumpkin & red rice saladfatContent: 269.353 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein