The Japanese have no qualms about slurping noodles loudly. So follow their lead - we think this is worth making noise about.
The ingredient of Chilli ginger pork and hokkien noodle stir-fry
- 450g pkt hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 400g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chilli jam or paste
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 100g toasted cashews
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
The instruction how to make Chilli ginger pork and hokkien noodle stir-fry
- Place the noodles in a heatpoof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over high heat until smoking. Add one-quarter of the pork, onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until lightly brown. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining pork, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add the capsicum to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until almost tender. Add the pork mixture, noodles, bok choy, chilli jam, sherry, soy sauce and cashews and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until heated though. Remove from heat. Add the basil and toss to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly among serving bowls. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chilli ginger pork and hokkien noodle stir-fryfatContent: 581.248 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 57 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 23 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein
sodiumContent: 95 milligrams cholesterol