Leftover Christmas turkey is given new appeal in this tasty Asian-style salad.
The ingredient of Cold turkey salad with mango and honey dressing (gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 500g leftover turkey (preferably breast meat), sliced
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups mixed Asian herbs (such as coriander, mint, Thai basil)
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, sliced
- Black sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- 5 tablespoons (100ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice vinegar
- 100ml peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
The instruction how to make Cold turkey salad with mango and honey dressing (gluten free)
- Mix together the rice vinegar, sugar, garlic and chilli, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over the sliced turkey and set aside.
- To make the dressing, place the honey and vinegar in a food processor and process to combine. With the motor running, slowly add the peanut and sesame oils until a thickish dressing forms.
- Place a pile of spinach on each plate and top with a handful of herbs, followed by some turkey. Lay slices of mango on top, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the black sesame seeds.
Nutritions of Cold turkey salad with mango and honey dressing (gluten free)fatContent: 603.236 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 42 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein