Full of aromatic ginger and chilli, this stir-fry on wholegrain rice is a quick and healthy alternative to takeaway.
The ingredient of Pork, basil & sugar snap pea stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Olive oil spray
- 400g pork leg steak, thinly sliced
- 3cm-piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- 380g (2 cups) steamed brown rice
The instruction how to make Pork, basil & sugar snap pea stir-fry
- Stir the sherry, soy sauce, sugar and cornflour in a bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Spray with oil. Add half the pork and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Spray the wok with oil. Add the ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the onion. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the asparagus, sugar snap peas and water. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and tender crisp.
- Add the sherry mixture and pork to the wok. Stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the basil.
- Divide the rice among serving bowls and top with the stir-fry.
Nutritions of Pork, basil & sugar snap pea stir-fryfatContent: 327.43 calories
saturatedFatContent: 3.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein