Only a small amount of saffron is needed to elevate this prawn salad to gourmet status.
The ingredient of Chargrilled prawn salad with saffron dressing
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1kg large green king prawns, peeled leaving tail intact, deveined
- 250g trussed cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/3 cup (85g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
The instruction how to make Chargrilled prawn salad with saffron dressing
- Heat a large chargrill pan on high. Drizzle half the oil over the prawns. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on chargrill for 2 minutes each side or until prawns curl and change colour. Transfer to a bowl.
- Drizzle remaining oil over tomatoes. Cook on chargrill, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly charred and beginning to collapse.
- To make the saffron dressing, combine the saffron and water in a small heatproof bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to infuse. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice and horseradish and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion, basil, avocado and lettuce to the prawns and gently toss until just combined. Divide evenly among serving plates. Drizzle with saffron dressing to serve.
Nutritions of Chargrilled prawn salad with saffron dressingfatContent: 387.658 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein