Stir-fry is the quickest way to get a nutritious meal on the table in minutes. This one is a colourful combination of chicken, Asian greens and nuts.
The ingredient of Five-spice chicken and cashew stir-fry
- 2 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, ends trimmed, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch baby choy sum, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- Steamed jasmine rice
The instruction how to make Five-spice chicken and cashew stir-fry
- Combine the chicken, onion, ginger and garlic in a medium bowl. Heat half the peanut oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add one-quarter of the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until chicken is golden brown. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Repeat in three more batches with remaining oil and chicken mixture, reheating wok between each batch.
- Return the chicken mixture to the wok with the bok choy, choy sum, oyster sauce, wine or sherry, sesame oil and five-spice and stir-fry for one to two minutes or until choy sum just begins to wilt. Remove from heat. Add cashews and half the basil and gently toss to combine.
- Divide among serving bowls. Top with remaining basil leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Nutritions of Five-spice chicken and cashew stir-fryfatContent: 357.783 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 59 milligrams cholesterol