Stay well fed with this inspiring chicken noodle meal idea - ready in half an hour!
The ingredient of Cinnamon chicken with noodle salad
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 4cm piece ginger
- 800g chicken thigh fillets
- 100g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 carrot
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 eschalot
- 1 long red chilli
- 80g (1 cup) bean sprouts
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 3 limes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
The instruction how to make Cinnamon chicken with noodle salad
- Place caster sugar, cinnamon, curry paste, oil and fish and oyster sauces in a bowl. Crush in garlic. Peel ginger, then finely grate into bowl and stir to combine. Trim fat from fillets, then cut each into 6 strips to get 24 pieces. Add to curry paste mixture and turn to coat. Thread 2 pieces onto each skewer.
- Place noodles in a bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 3 minutes or until softened. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Peel carrot. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, then, using a small spoon, scoop out seeds. Cut carrot and cucumber into julienne (matchsticks) and add to noodles. Peel eschalot, then thinly slice. Halve chilli, remove seeds, then finely chop and add to bowl with eschalot and bean sprouts. Tear leaves from half the coriander over salad.
- Squeeze juice from 1 lime into a small bowl, add fish sauce, crumble palm sugar over and stir to combine.
- Heat a chargrill or frying pan over medium heat. Cook skewers, in 2 batches, turning, for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Divide salad among plates and top with skewers, then scatter over a few more coriander leaves. Cut remaining limes into cheeks and serve with salad.
Nutritions of Cinnamon chicken with noodle saladfatContent: 608.494 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 158 milligrams cholesterol