Cook like a MasterChef and whip up dinner in a flash with this simple and satisfying chicken & peanut noodle stir-fry.
The ingredient of Chicken and peanut noodle stir-fry
- 650g chicken breasts, thickly sliced (see note)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 300g dried rice stick noodles
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 60g (2 cups) baby spinach
- 75g (1/2 cup) roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- Bean sprouts (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and peanut noodle stir-fry
- Combine chicken and red curry paste in a bowl.
- Add noodles to a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes or until almost cooked. Drain, reserving 125ml (1/2 cup) cooking water.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and half the chicken, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Tilt the wok and use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and onion to the wok and stir for 2 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add sugar and stir for 2 minutes, then stir in fish sauce and lemon juice.
- Return all chicken to the wok. Add noodles, spinach and peanuts, and toss to combine. Whisk egg and the reserved cooking water in a bowl and add to the wok. Stir for 1 minute or until combined. Top with bean sprouts, if using, and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Chicken and peanut noodle stir-fryfatContent: 698.358 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein